If you want to get real about your candidate experience, ask yourself these questions about your hiring process:
- Do my job postings contain complete information about the duties of the job, the requirements, and the conditions of the job in easy to read language?
- Do I communicate the length of time and the information required to fill out an application?
- Am I only asking only relevant information from the applicant via the online application?
- Do I give information to the applicant about the next steps in the hiring process?
- Do I provide timely status updates to my applicants? And ideally, a way for the applicant to check their status online?
- Am I offering ways for my applicants to connect with my organization via social media or other communication methods?
- Do I disposition the candidates during the hiring process, and especially once the requisition is filled?
Then, apply to one of your own jobs and validate that everything works the way you think it should.
After you’ve done that, enter the Candidate Experience Awards and get even more insight on how to create a positive experience for your candidates. You might even win some nice recognition.